Cook Children's Accepting Applicants For New ID&E Task Force
At Cook Children's, the team experience matters and we want to make sure everyone feels valued and appreciated.
With that in mind, we are announcing a brand-new opportunity for employees to make their voices heard at Cook Children's. At this time, we are accepting a limited number of applicants for the employee-driven ID&E Task Force. We are limiting the number of ID&E Task Force team members to make sure everyone has plenty of time to be listened to as we move forward.
As Chief Diversity Officer Wini King said upon her hiring, "it is comforting to be a part of an organization that accepts our differences, our failures, and is willing to look inward and truly examine what is at the heart of our culture."
Wini added, "I believe stories have the power to create empathy and allow us to see others through a different lens than our own. I want the entire health care system to be thinking about how their actions, their work, and their speech impacts others negatively and positively."
How To Apply
To apply for the task force, we need some information from you. Your answers will not be published. They will go directly to our Cook Children's ID&E team. Please email the information below to Tracy Vang, director of Inclusion, Diversity and Equity at Tracy.Vang@cookchildrens.org.
Please provide in your email to Tracy, please provide how you identify in areas that you may not always feel comfortable sharing:
- Your name (preferred name)
- Email address
- How long have you been employed at Cook Children's?
- Are you bilingual (Do you speak another language besides English?)
- Do you have a disability? Yes/No
- Are you a veteran? Yes/No
- What is your age?
- What is your race/ethnicity?
- What is your religion/religious affiliation?
- Do you identify as LGBTQ+?
- What is your gender identity (agender, genderqueer, genderfluid, man, nonbinary, questioning or unsure, woman)?
Then please answer the following questions in your email:
- Why do you want to be a member of the ID&E Task Force?
- What makes you unique and how would that benefit the Task Force?
- How have you been involved with ID&E at Cook Children’s or outside of Cook Children’s?
- What impact or difference were you able to make?
- What have you done to learn more about ID&E?
Thank you for being such a valuable member of the Cook Children's family. We look forward to hearing from you.