Facility Alert, Winter Storm Advisory: What You Need to Know
We are activating a system-wide Facility Alert: Winter Weather Advisory. A winter storm warning will be in effect until Wednesday, Feb. 1, across North Texas.
Please check road conditions before traveling and allow yourself extra time to get safely to work.
Continue to check back to this page and also the homepage of CookNet for any new information.
We appreciate you doing whatever is needed to take care of our patients and their families.
We want to go over a few important details, should sleeping accommodations be necessary.
- We want to ensure that we have enough employees throughout the system to take care of our patients. If you feel traveling is unsafe and to ensure that you are here for your next shift, please work with your manager or supervisor to make sleeping accommodation requests.
- The Nurse Supervisor's office will be organizing the sleep spaces for their respective campuses (Fort Worth and Prosper). In our efforts to minimize the number of requests to our nursing supervisors, we ask that only leaders and managers of each unit and department make these sleeping accommodation requests.
- If you have booked a space but no longer plan to use it, please notify your manager. If you hold a reservation that you aren’t going to use, that is a missed opportunity for someone else. Please help us keep our list updated and accurate.
SLEEPING QUARTERS & LINENS
- We encourage you to bring your own pillows, sheets and blankets, if possible, in an effort to conserve linen supplies. We ask that you are respectful of our linen supplies and practice conservation as much as possible. Please use only the sheets, blankets and towels that you need. Reuse towels as much as possible.
- Please shower at home before you arrive. If you need a shower for work, please talk to your supervisor to find out what showers are available.
- These spaces are provided to give you a place to sleep safely. Please bring along any downtime entertainment you need to keep you company during your stay.
- Please remember to clean up your space before you leave. Please dispose of any trash and have all of your belongings when you leave.
- Please do not leave behind any of your personal belongings. Instead, pack your items and take them with you. We ask that you leave the space clean for the next person who will be staying there.
- We want to follow your 12-hour work shift as closely as possible, regarding checkout times. If you stayed in your space overnight, please be out of your space entirely by 6:30 a.m. If you stayed during the day, we ask that you be out of your space by 6:30 p.m. We need to follow this schedule closely to have the space ready for the following guest.
A Few Resources For You:
Throughout the week, we will be posting the latest information for you and your employees on our Connect Newsroom (access it anywhere) and the CookNet scroll (must be connected to the network to access.)
Other helpful information:
- System-wide policy: Inclement Weather Staff Coverage HR 528.pdf
- Article and resources: Parents' Guide to Winter Storm Prep and Safety (checkupnewsroom.com)
- Website: National Weather Service
- Alert page for parents on CookChildrens.org: Cook Children’s office closures, delayed openings, etc.
- Our social channels will be posting the latest information for families and the community as well.
We understand this is an inconvenience, but we appreciate the sacrifices you are making during this winter weather event!
Be safe, stay warm and THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU ARE DOING!