Flu Vaccination Clinics Underway for Cook Children's Employees
On Tuesday, Sept. 13, the first flu clinic was held for Cook Children's employees inside the Medical Center.
“It’s the best protection we have against the strains of the flu that are currently circulating,” said Karen Mahoney, manager of Occupational Health. “If we can get our shots every year and prevent illness, that’s a great thing for our employees and our patients.”
All employees are encouraged to receive their flu vaccine by Tuesday, Nov. 1, in preparation for flu season.
Schedule for on-campus flu clinics:
- 7 a.m. - 4 p.m., Sept. 20, Pav 1
- 7 a.m. - 4 p.m., Sept. 22, Family Meeting Center
- 8:30 a.m. - 2 p.m., Sept. 27, ROB 1102 ABC meeting rooms
- 9 a.m. - 2 p.m., Sept. 29, Pav 1
- 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Oct. 4, 901 7th Ave., 3rd floor conference room
- 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Oct. 6, 901 7th Ave., 3rd floor conference room
- A Calmont flu clinic is currently being planned and the time and date will be updated once confirmed.
Whether you receive your flu shot in your department or at one of our flu clinics, you must complete a consent form. To sign the consent form electronically through Lawson, follow these steps:
- Scroll down on the left navigation bar and click on “Employee Self Service”
- Then click “Human Resources”
- Then click “Occ Health Portal”
- Then click on “Forms” at the top of the page and click on “Influenza Vaccine Consent” to complete your form