Holiday Happenings at Cook Children's
Make your holiday plans now for all that's going on at Cook Children's this December!
Tis the Season for the Gift of Lights
To celebrate the season, Cook Children’s has a special gift for you to enjoy: a complimentary ticket to the Gift of Lights at the Texas Motor Speedway! The ticket is for one car/SUV/truck to attend the event on a night of your choice.
The event runs from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. each evening, Dec. 1 through Jan. 2. They are open on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years Day.
In addition to the miles and miles of holiday lights to see, you’ll also have the opportunity to stop by Santa’s Village (photos and food may be purchased there.)
Virtual Holiday Celebration Ideas
How about some fun and creative ways to virtually gather with your team during the holidays? We have your back and have collected a few fun concepts to keep those special traditions alive.
Please continue to follow the Command Center's guidance on safe gatherings and celebrations.
- Participate in the System-wide virtual holiday sweater contest as a group or individual: entry form located on the CookNet scroll.
- 2021 Highlight Reel: Share with your team some favorite moments of the year in recognition of their commitment to Our Promise.
- Virtual Scavenger Hunt: Create a holiday item scavenger list for the weekly meeting as an icebreaker. See who can locate the most items in an allotted time period.
- Office Decor Contest: Decorate desk, cubicle, staff lounge, nursing station, etc. with an option to make it a competition between team members or other departments. Follow all safety guidelines for decorating work spaces!
- Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap: Encourage your team to share their favorite cookie recipes and share via email, Zoom or add them to the staff board.
- Elf on the Shelf: Share your funny and creative Elf hiding spots with the team or maybe the Elf will hide around your office somewhere!
- Treat Delivery: Pick a day to round on staff with a basket of treats (individually wrapped) or send to employees at home.
- Guess Who: Ask employees to share childhood Christmas memories and try to match the team member to the photo (this can be virtual or posted on the staff lounge board.)
Send Your Holiday Photos
We want to see how you are celebrating the holidays! Please share with us your holiday photos from this season. We want to see your work team photos and your photos from home. We look forward to sharing them with your colleagues. Email us at InternalCommunications@cookchildrens.org by Dec. 28.
New Holiday eCards
Stay connected and share holiday greetings with your coworkers by sending out eCards. The new eCards include Christmas and Kwanzaa.