Hospitals Against Violence Day: Learn Safety Tools and Techniques
On Friday, June 2, the seventh annual Hospitals Against Violence Day, you are invited to a special event for employees and visitors to learn all about various types of violence, including domestic violence, social media safety, human trafficking, workplace violence and firearm safety. The event will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Atrium at Cook Children’s Medical Center–Fort Worth. Both employees and patient families are welcome to attend.
Each attendee will be given a passport, and if they visit five of the 10 stations, will be entered into a raffle for either a gun safe or a self-care basket.
Here are the stations:
- The Center For Children’s Health will be hosting a station with mental health resources.
- Our security team will be leading three stations which include workplace violence, active shooter task force, and situational awareness to ensure we all know how to keep ourselves safe in an emergent situation.
- We are teaming up with the Cook Children's Child Advocacy Resources and Evaluation (CARE) Team to provide information on human trafficking and social media safety.
- Dan Guzman, M.D., will be sharing information on gun safety and the Cook Children's Aim for Safety initiative.
- We will be joined by representatives from the Jordan Elizabeth Harris Foundation to talk about suicide prevention and representatives from Safe Haven will provide information on domestic violence.
#HAVhope is a national day of awareness to highlight how America’s hospitals and health systems combat violence in their workplaces and communities and use partnerships, innovations, and creative thinking to foster peace and make a safer environment for workers and patients.
Here are some additional resources for you and your family:
Community support resources: Community Support Resources | Cook Children's (cookchildrens.org)
Domestic Abuse: SafeHaven of Tarrant County (safehaventc.org)
Suicide Prevention: The Jordan Elizabeth Harris Foundation (jordanharrisfoundation.org)
Mental Health: Mental Health (centerforchildrenshealth.org)
Firearm Safety: Gun Safety (centerforchildrenshealth.org)
Active Shooter Training: Home | AvoidDenyDefend.org
Sexual Violence and Sexual Abuse: