Important : The Latest Drive-thru Testing Information
Note: The following information is for employees who feel they are ill and need a COVID-19 test. Employees who have received an exemption, should continue to follow their current schedule.
With the spread of illness among employees and our community, you must have an appointment scheduled through the COVID hotline to receive a test from our COVID Drive-thru.
Because of staffing and supplies, only employees with appointments are able to receive tests. We are not able to accept walk-ins for employees or family members.
Please take note of the following information regarding our Drive-thru:
Testing Hours (Due to staffing these hours may change. You MUST have an appointment to receive a test):
- Weekdays: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Weekends: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Testing sites are also available throughout your area. To find a testing location near you, click here. If you receive a positive test from a testing location that is NOT Cook Children’s, please email your test result to COVID19OHS@cookchildrens.org and copy your supervisor.
To Schedule a Test:
Only employees who schedule an appointment through the COVID-19 Center may use the Drive-thru:
- Telephone: 682-303-1661 (ext. 31661)
- Email: COVID19OHS@cookchildrens.org
- Testing must be ordered in EPIC before 4 p.m. through the COVID center. We cannot place an order after that time and it may delay employees getting a test
Why Appointments Must Be Scheduled:
These hours are subject to change based on staffing. Scheduling an appointment requires someone to be on call to order the test, and provide quarantine information. We also need to ensure that we have someone to administer the test. Please be patient, and thank you for your understanding.