Lab Specialists Achieve Hematology Certification Milestone
A team of Medical Laboratory Scientists recently became double board-certified Specialists in Hematology. They work in a dedicated lab in the Hematology Clinic, and are responsible for testing to include complete blood counts, flow cytometry, assist with bone marrow collection,
They are a team focused on our “pinky promise” through connection, collaboration and elevation of the experience with the whole care team within Hematology/Oncology and Laboratory services.
Congratulations for your hard work in preparing for the ASCP certification exam. It is a testament to your dedication and connection to our clinicians and our patient families.
- Jennifer Watson, MLS(ASCP), SHCM – Lead Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Michelle Salts, MLS(ASCP)CM, SHCM – Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Melissa Walters, MLS(ASCP)CM, SHCM – Medical Laboratory Scientist
So, what is a Specialist in Hematology (SH)? What is their background?
To be eligible for certification the following criteria must be met:
- Valid MLS(ASCP) or H(ASCP) certification
- AND a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college/university
- AND three years of full time acceptable clinical experience in Hematology in an acceptable laboratory within the last six years.