MyCookChildren’s App Offers Convenient Connection to Your Child’s Health, All in the Palm of Your Hand
We live in a time where convenience is no longer a luxury, but a requirement. And that’s especially true when it comes to our children’s health care.
That’s why Cook Children’s enhanced the MyCookChildren’s app to build off the foundation of the existing portal, while improving the user experience. The app goes live Feb. 8, 2022.
The new custom MyCookChildren’s app empowers parents to:
- Have their child’s health information in the palm of the hand.
- Schedule and check in for appointments on their phone more conveniently.
- Find support from other parents.
“The app opens up new opportunities for parents to connect with Cook Children’s and other patient families,” said Matthew Albers, AVP of Digital Experience. “We do such a tremendous job of caring for our patients and families while they’re at one of our campuses, but in many cases, they don’t realize the other services we offer for them while they’re at home.
“The new app highlights our support groups, mentoring and medical library services, all which foster community. We hear from parents and caregivers so often how much it means to find families in similar situations as them. Cook Children’s has built this amazing community of support and we want more people to know about it. This app allows them to connect with others who have gone through a similar experience.”
While the app provides new access for parents, they will be happy to see all the current easy-to-use features they are already familiar with on MyCookChildren’s. Features like:
- Accessing their child’s immunization records;
- Reviewing summaries from their child’s primary and specialty care visits;
- Receiving test results;
- Scheduling and viewing upcoming appointments;
- Arranging for virtual health visits from the comfort of their own home;
- Confirming and updating patient information before appointments, minimizing a parent’s time in our office;
- Having direct communication with their child’s care team;
- Handling medicine refill requests;
- And much more!
For more information, visit https://www.cookchildrens.org/mycookchildrens/
Take a moment to watch this tutorial from Zach Beggs, Digital Products Manager, as he walks you through some of the new features.
Users of the MyCookChildren’s app will be logged out of the app during this upgrade. Some users may not remember their username or password. There is an option on the login screen for users to look up their username and/or reset their password if they need.