Nominate a Nurse Leader for the Nurse Leadership Daisy Award
It’s time to nominate a great nurse leader for a Nurse Leadership Daisy Award.
Is there a nurse leader at Cook Children’s that has made a difference for you or your unit? Please nominate them for this special award. Charge nurses, clinical nurse leaders, nurse managers, nurse educators, nurse directors, or any other formal nurse leader can be nominated.
Nominations are easy – just scan the QR code in the flyer with your smart device and it will take you to the interactive form. The deadline is April 28.
Criteria for Nurse Leadership Award:
The criteria for this award is different than the traditional Daisy Award due to the difference in the job role. For a nurse leader to be considered for this award, their nomination must meet the following criteria:
- Creating an environment where attributes of trust, compassion, mutual respect, continued professional development, and ethical behavior are modeled and supported
- Being accessible, available, and responsive to the needs of their team
- Problem-solving and encouraging critical thinking
- Advocating for their teams
- Ensuring that the needs of the teams are communicated to organization leadership, and organizational priorities and directions are communicated to their teams
- Being compassionate leaders