Now Open: 2022 Presidents' Scholarship Applications
Since 2008, Cook Children’s has been helping to foster the collegiate pursuits of employees’ children each year through our Presidents’ Scholarship program. In keeping with our Promise, Cook Children's created the Presidents' Scholarship to establish a legacy for health care through academic advancement.
Selection Committee Members Needed!
You can help us make a difference by joining the Presidents' Scholarship selection committee. It is our desire to recruit a multidisciplinary committee, with employees participating from various companies and levels throughout Cook Children's Health Care System.
Applications are open for employees who are interested in being on the 2022 Selection Committee.
The application can be found under “Downloads” towards the top right of this article, or on CookNet here. Applications are due Monday, Feb. 21, 2022.
Committee eligibility and responsibilities:
- Committee member must be a full-time employee in good standing
- Committee member may not have a child who will compete for a scholarship during their time of committee service
- Committee member will serve a one year term (prior committee members may reapply)
- Committee member will attend meetings as necessary (not more than 2), and participate in a review and scoring of blinded applications
- Committee member will attend annual scholarship awards presentation
Applications are open for the 2022 Presidents' Scholarship program.
The application can be found under “Downloads” towards the top right of this article, or on CookNet here. Applications are due Friday, April 8, 2022.
- Scholarship is open to dependent children of full-time and half-time Cook Children’s employees in good standing with a minimum of 1 year of eligible service from the date these applications are due. (A dependent child must be under 26 years of age during the academic year being applied for and is defined as):
- An employee’s biological child;
- An employee’s stepchild;
- An employee's legally adopted child;
- An employee's foster child, including any child placed with an employee for adoption; or
- Any child for whom an employee is responsible under court order.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student, seeking their first degree in a baccalaureate program for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Applicant must intend to pursue a degree applicable to the health care workforce (business, marketing, communications, nursing, respiratory therapy, etc.).
- All applications, whether needs-based or merit-based, must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Who is NOT eligible:
- Grandchildren of employees, unless the employee is the legal guardian
- Dependents of employees who are less than half-time
- Dependents of Cook Children’s executives and medical directors
- Students who are pursuing second degrees or graduate degrees
- Students who are enrolled in universities other than four-year universities
- Prior scholarship recipients
Requests for information and completed application forms should be directed to:
Jill Suda, Human Resources
firstname.lastname@example.org or 682-885-1348