Open Enrollment Information: What's New for 2023-2024
Open enrollment for employee benefits begins Aug. 7 and runs through August 25. It's time to learn about all the benefits offered by Cook Children's, review your current benefits and make any needed changes. Please watch your mailboxes now for open enrollment information.
As the date draws for open enrollment draw near, we want to provide you with some important information.
- Click here for the 2023-2024 Open Enrollment Newsletter with a quick overview of information.
- Click here for the 2023-2024 Open Enrollment Booklet for more detailed content.
- Click here for the 2023-2024 Benefits for Professional Staff (M.D., D.O., D.D.S., D.M.D.).
Highlights for 2023-2024 include:
- No premium increases. All employee contributions, including those for medical, dental and vision, will remain unchanged for the second year in a row. While several of our benefit plans require cost increases, Cook Children’s has decided to absorb those increases on your behalf. This is one way we can show our gratitude for all you do, day in and day out, as you remain focused on our Promise of taking care of children and our communities.
- Enrollment is now in Workday. Please review all of your and your dependents’ contact information for accuracy. If you change your medical or dental plan, be sure to re-select any dependents you wish to cover.
- The Virgin Pulse well-being program helps you achieve your health goals with fun and engaging experiences and challenges. You can earn up to $210 per year for participating in activities that can be redeemed for gift cards, fitness accessories, and more.
- Medicare Choice Group offers unbiased guidance and practical decision support to those nearing Medicare eligibility, assisting you with Medicare plan research and selection.
- The number of dental cleanings and exams covered at 100% each year in both dental plans will increase from two to four annually.
- The out-of-pocket maximum is decreasing to $4,000 for individual coverage and $8,000 for family coverage in our HSA1 Plan and to $5,000 for individual coverage and $10,000 for family coverage in our HRA Plan.