System-Wide COVID-19 Update (June 21, 2022)
We noticed more staff inviting their families to visit them at work during the summer. At this time, we are not allowing visitors to join us at our work place. Please help us to keep each other safe. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Please wear masks during meetings.
- Please consider going back to Zoom, or other virtual options, as much as possible.
- If it is critical to meet in person, please use your best judgment to keep staff safe. We ask that you consider the meeting space and the duration of the meeting.
- Please space out as much as possible, with a minimum of 3 feet.
- We ask that everyone in the room wear masks regardless of vaccination status.
- Please do not serve food or drink at any meetings at this time.
- Please continue to wear masks indoors at all Cook Children's location, including professional buildings and offices.
- We ask that all patients and their families wear masks at any Cook Children’s location.
- Please remind anyone who pushes back on these guidelines that we are caring for medically fragile children and we need to provide them with the safest place possible. Along with the COVID-19 vaccines, masks remain the most important way to protect ourselves against this virus.
- We allow two immediate family members at a time in the patient’s room between 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.. (visiting hours).
- You must request visitor exceptions for more than two immediate family members.
- Siblings are allowed as long as everyone over the age of 2 wears a mask.
- Immediate family members can trade out/take turns on a daily basis. Banded primary caregivers can stay 24 hours/day.
- Immediate family members can switch out on the floors.
- Others can wait in areas such as the cafeteria/amenity areas on first floor only.
- We will no longer have visitors wear stickers.
Note: This does not apply to the emergency room or end-of-life situations when more than two individuals may be needed, as well as exceptions made for clergy.. These situations will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Outpatients (including CCPN offices, Urgent Care Centers, Neighborhood Clinics, Dodson Specialty, etc.)
Please recommend to families that they only bring two people to a visit. However, we understand with the rising outdoor temperatures, we do not want to keep people in the car and it may be necessary to bring more than family members in for a patient visit. Please work with families to make sure they wear their masks and work to keep families 6 feet apart from one another as much as possible.
Waiting areas and room visits
- We ask that you remove any toys or play structures in waiting areas, in an effort to prevent the spread of germs.
- If possible, please space out a total of 3 seats for families and a distance of 6 feet apart.
- Please get patients and their families in a room as soon as possible. Check them in and out in that room if you are able to do so.
At this time, we are not placing any restrictions on business travel. We do encourage you to wear your mask while traveling, preferably an N-95 mask as the safest option.
We are not allowing any international travel for business.
As we continue to monitor community COVID-19 numbers, we will make any necessary changes to keep our patients, their families and each other as safe as possible.
- You are no longer required to show any proof of a negative COVID-19 test after any personal travel (including air travel or a cruise).
- It is not necessary to get tested 3 to 5 days after your return from any travel.
- While it is not a requirement, the CDC does recommend test for anyone who is returning to the U.S. from a trip.
- If you begin to feel ill or show symptoms of COVID-19 after travel, please call the COVID-19 Center at 682-303-1661 or send an email to COVID19OHS@cookchildrens.org.
Thank you for your cooperation.