Updated International Travel Guidelines: Home Tests Now Accepted
If you are vaccinated, you can return to work immediately, but please ensure the following criteria:
- After returning to the U.S., send proof of receiving a COVID test during days 3-5 to Occupational Health at IntlTravelProof@cookchildrens.org.
- Home tests are accepted as long as you provide a picture that includes two things: your Cook Children’s badge and test kit result. Send both to IntlTravelProof@cookchildrens.org.
- If you receive a test from a company, who witnessed the test, please forward the original email you received from that organization. Include your name, employee ID number and results.
- Occupational Health will alert the manager of receipt of this information.
- If the employee does not submit proof of testing for COVID-19 on days 3-5, the employee will be taken off of the schedule by their department.
- The employee cannot return back to work until proof of testing is received during that time period or after 10 days of quarantine (if no test is obtained during the time frame of days 3-5).
- If you are COVID positive, contact the Infection Prevention COVID hotline immediately. COVID19OHS@cookchildrens.org or 682-303-1661.
If you have not been fully vaccinated, the previous guidance is in effect and you will need to follow CDC guidelines:
1. The CDC warns against traveling internationally if you are not fully vaccinated.
2. Check your destination’s COVID-19 situation and travel requirements before your trip.
3. Countries may have their own entry and exit requirements.
4. When you travel to the U.S. by air, you are required to show a negative COVID-19 test before you board your flight. The timing of this test depends on your vaccination status and age.
5. You will need to notify Occupational Health prior to you traveling internationally.
o Click here to send an email to complete Cook Children's COVID-19 Vaccinated Employee International Travel Process.
- You will be REQUIRED to get a test prior to the flight back to the United States by the airlines.
- If you test positive, you will not be allowed to return until the isolation period is over. Contact the Infection Prevention COVID hotline immediately. COVID19OHS@cookchildrens.org or 682-303-1661
- You must remain off work for 10 days after you return (7 days if you are tested on days 3-5 and the result is negative).
- You will need to coordinate your quarantine time off with your department leadership and the time off will require PTO.