Manage Your Data with Workday’s Employee Self-Service
You’ll be able to update your personal information, change your payroll elections and do other tasks on your own using the Employee Self-Service (ESS) feature when the Workday software platform comes to Cook Children’s in July.
Workday functions relate to Finance, Supply Chain and Human Resources. It’s replacing Lawson – and every employee will be impacted. Whatever you do now in Lawson, you’ll do in Workday starting this summer.
Before the switch takes place, ongoing stories in the Connect Newsletter will help you know what to expect, including dates when some of our current processes will cut off.
Here are a few frequently asked questions on key topics:
Is Kronos going away? No. You will continue to clock in and out, submit PTO, approve timecards and manage schedules in Kronos.
How will we learn to use Workday? Training! Opportunities to sign up for ULearn sessions will be posted April 10. Training will be offered throughout May and June.
Tell me more about ESS. It’s short for Employee Self-Service, which gives employees the direct capability to:
- View and update information related to Human Resources and Payroll (pay slips, deductions, direct deposit accounts, address changes, changes to your emergency contacts, etc.).
- View or change benefit elections.
- View and print tax documents.
- Create and submit expense reports for travel expenses or other business expenses.
- Apply for jobs within Cook Children’s Health Care System using the Find Jobs feature, which searches by criteria such as location, job type or full/part-time status. Refer a candidate for an open position in the system.
- ESS is separate from Manager Self-Service (MSS), which will be highlighted in a future article.
“Having a single system that allows you to perform multiple functions safely and quickly in a single place is a game changer,” said Beth Schmidt, Vice President Human Resources. “One of the most anticipated features of Workday is the mobile app, giving you the ability to access the platform from your smartphone – no longer bound to your desk to handle common tasks. With Workday, you can access and manage information anytime, anywhere. It’s on-demand, easy to use and quite similar to other consumer tools that we’ve all grown accustomed to, which is an exciting shift for our employees.”
Here's an archive of our previous stories leading up to the Workday launch: